Visor

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by RajunCajun2001, Jan 29, 2014.

1. RajunCajun2001

RajunCajun2001 Member

Hey guys,

I have been reading the threads about the visors. I have a 54 truck but love the look of the pre-54 visors. Does anyone make a pre-54 visor with the chrome divider for the 54? I know the brackets are different, but wondering if someone sells modified versions for the 54.

If not, who makes a good quality 54 visor? I have seen a few that are real thin and look flimsy.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Since our resident "Know It All " has not chimed in on this topic.... :rolleyes:

I am sure Nate will go out of his way to step in & berate me for answering this sun visor question.....while offering no relevant information { other than his standard reply of "adjust your valves"} ..... but here goes....

You can adapt the earlier visors with the center strip to fit the 1954 & 1955.1 trucks.
    You will need to eliminate the center mounts that clamp to the windshield divider on the earlier two piece windshield trucks & adapt a center roof mount to accommodate your one piece windshield truck.

The Precision Products sun visor adapts well the the '54 trucks.

I am sure Nate will berate me for answering the question..... but here goes....

Here are a few pictures of one I have adapted & an identical visor mounted on my '54.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I Gotta Wonder , Joe

Just how small your dick is anyway ? :confused: .

I only wonder how good or bad the re pop visors I see are ~ when first they came out they were only $150 retail now they're the same price as a good original or Fulton .

Some Chinese stuff is O.K. , some is pretty good ~ I'd want an original visor because the Chinese ones have very thin sheet metal .

4. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Sun visor

Thanks for Your explination Joe and showing the 54 sun visor photos. I Wonder if you have to Mount the end of the visor directly into the cab roof metal ? Are these models adjustable ?

Martinius.