WANTED: SMALL BLOCK V8 HEADS

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by swenson89, Oct 10, 2005.

1. swenson89

swenson89 Member

I was wondering if any one had a set of heads for sbcs i have an old 265, from 1955 that i need heads for, they dont have to be any special, just a set of heads that is in good non cracked condition, with all valves in place. Let me know what you have, would like them really close by, In Mid Kansas, or be able to ship them,
    Thanks
    Kendal Swenson

2. Shane_68C10

Shane_68C10 Member

I have a set of smallblock 350 heads off of a truck that ran about 2 years ago, they could use a god cleaning but could be used. Let me know what you could give me for them i live near Kansas City.

Thanks
    Shane

3. sevenpets0

sevenpets0 Guest

Greg Pate

I have a set of small block chevy heads that are more high performance. The have extra big valves (2.05 intake and 1.6 exhaust) They have also been milled slightly. I have them on my 355 right now and am going to go to a different head. These have less than 500 miles on them after a total rebuild. They are ready to bolt on. I need $250 for them. I am in Desoto ks.

4. Shane_68C10

Shane_68C10 Member

would you take $200 for them and could i put a rebuilt set of 1.94' with it and maybe lower the price some more?

5. gonzodon

gonzodon Member

>Greg Pate
    >
    >
    >I have a set of small block chevy heads that are more high
    >performance. The have extra big valves (2.05 intake and 1.6
    >exhaust) They have also been milled slightly. I have them on
    >my 355 right now and am going to go to a different head.
    >These have less than 500 miles on them after a total
    >rebuild. They are ready to bolt on. I need $250 for them. I
    > am in Desoto ks.

have you sold your chevy heads? am looing for set to go on a 355, might be able to use these, please advise, am in Parkville, MO

6. Shane_68C10

Shane_68C10 Member

if your talking to me i havent sold my rebuilt ones, what could you give for them

7. hoss69

hoss69 Member

i have a set of 283 heads,if your interrested.Hoss69

8. Shane_68C10

Shane_68C10 Member

Are they rebuilt, whats the casting on them

9. coilover

coilover Member

Do NOT try to use later model heads with bigger combustion chambers and valves. The big chambers will lower your compression ratio way too much and anything over the 1.94 intake valve will hit the edge of the cylinder. Remember the 265 just has a 3.750 bore so valve size is definitely limited. Your best bet is the much easier to find 283 head with the 1.75 intake valve in the two barrel non power pack type. This will let you run on the swamp water they now call gas. If using for pulling a trailer or other severe use have the hard seats installed. These heads are at swap meets all the time for under a 100 bucks.