What a great day!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf Member

Well Zig came through for me again. The back half of my truck, brakes and rims are now from him!!! How great and giving is that!

it was a fun trip, it just rained pretty good the whole way, then about 10 min from fort scott it stopped raining... bamm blew the rear passenger tire right when i was passing someone. no problem however, just pulled over. God was / always is watching over us. He definitely took care of us yesterday!!! No rain when changing the tire, can you believe that. It rained the entire time, except for 20 min surrounding the tire change. I just bought this truck from my dad, so i don't know if the spare has air!!! but it did and it took me less then 15 min to get it changed. then guess what, it started raining bout 5 min later down the road, and just simply poured bout 10 min outside of Pitt. i had to go 40 cuz it was raining too hard. But it was a great trip, Jenn and I had fun driving together!

Anyways Pauls garage is awesome!!! Man he does great work! I wish i could have gotten some more pics of it, but it was just a down pour.

Oh and his G looks fantastic! Zig you have come such a long way since i saw it last!!!

Anyways what a great day, and what a giving guy!!!:)

2. Zig

Zig Member

Gosh, Thanks!

Brian, glad to help! Just make sure that I get a ride in your truck when it's all done.;)

Oh, and make sure we reschedule that ride if it's raining like it was when you came down to get the wheels!!! You experienced 4"of rain in 4 hours!:eek:

One of the many things I like about you is your ability to see how God works and that he is there for us. (That really helps with these old trucks, too.)

My garage is just an example of what God will do for you if you ask for his help. I've leaned on him for sooooo long. (Like when I've had too much red wine...:p)

I couldn't imagine life without him.

I love your testament.

Now Brian~ GET TO WORK ON THAT TRUCK!!!!:cool:

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

One Hand Washes The other......

This is how America is supposed to work .

Progress is when we all push in the same direction .

Glad the spare was good ! .

4. Wolf

Wolf Member

i agree this is how things should be, people helping people, and people trusting people.

i would love to see a place where a man's word is his word, and you don't have to worry bout all these contracts and such.

sometimes i think i was born in the wrong decade:D:rolleyes:

5. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Glad it worked out for You Wolf & You made it out Ok on the flat , Its also great You 2 got together . Kudos to both of You . Helps keep faith in Mankind When You can meet someone on the Worldwide web & it is Like it should be .

I was Brought up , a Mans word & a handshake is better then anything on paper , & I still believe it for the most part . But Theres allways going to be a few that take advantage . Luckilly great Forums like this , Seem to Eliminate 99% of doubt. Just My 2 bits :D . Bob

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Wolf,
    I enjoyed reading your dilemma a few weeks ago about the Carb and the symtoms it had. I learned a lot and it made me appreciate the little problems I've had with my 235 in the new 53'. I finished it and low and behold I had a motor with a lot of the same symtoms you had!! I checked everything like you had gone through in my mental checklist.

Bottom line my distributor was wore out. It is a rebuilt motor everything is clean and shiny, I went over points, plugs, rotor, distributor cap a few times. I have never worn out a distributor. John, My shade tree mechanic friend, (Nate, with a southern accent) from the next hollar stops by, looks it over. He wiggles the distributor and it has a 1/4" play back and forth!

"Yup! Thars yer problem!" A call to Advance auto, part in by 2pm, $42 fix. I never thought, I'd live long enough to wear out a distributor, but this 57' motor did over the last 52 years.

Glad your mystery is solved.

Flashlight

7. Wolf

Wolf Member

I agree that is how it should be. I too was raised that your word was meant to be taken as final, and always treat people the way you want to be treated.

As of late the truck has been sitting in the garage waiting for me to get some free time to install the new water pump. I didn't run it too long on the old pump, cuz i didn't want to get a new radiator too. But it did run great 5 or 6 times after i took the carb apart again and found a c-clip missing on the accelerator pump. So im thinking that was my grimlin. I won't forget bout the distributor, just in case it doesn't want to run once i get the pump back on it