Wife handed me a couple of pictures...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bilbo, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Here are a couple of pictures, taken in 1969, compared to a couple taken in 2014 :) This was my very first vehicle. Dad bought it for $45.00 sitting derelect in a farmer's field. (1950 Ford) We towed it home when I was 15, and I worked on it 'till I could get my driver's license at 16. These pictures are taken before I added the 2x8 running boards, but you can see that I cut off the lower fenders and rolled the edges under, due to rust. :) Not too often you get to have a comparison like this! The little dog included! Of course, two different dogs. Both Sweethearts. Anyone else have comparable pics? Would be great to see.

Attached Files:

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Doesn't get much cooler than that! Thanks for sharing.

3. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

That is cool! I like the angle-cut single stack.

4. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Oh man, these pictures are great!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Damon

5. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Cars then and now!

Nice to see some "those where the days" photos of you and your dog Bill.

My first car whas a 1965 VW Beetle with porsche engine and Herbie look.My youngest brother build up the car and arranged the painting for me. My second whas a Renault 4 With ambrella stick and the third a Fiat sedan 1955.

Got me first Chevy truck around 4 years ago. There are some photos and an older none updated web-link here of the truck.

Martinius.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  6. coonkka

coonkka Member

I really like the center caps on the wheels can you tell me where I could get some of those? tks.

7. Zig

Zig Member

Cool! I have a "before" picture somewhere around here~ Just need the time to find it!

8. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Shows you just how talented Bilbo is. Started with a Ford and restored it to a GMC.;)

9. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Don't know about talented,.... That's a 45year span there? ;)

Coonka, the center hubs on my GMC are late model truck hub caps. I bought mine at a swap meet for $15.00 ea. They require a special lugnut to use them as the hubcap 'nuts' have internal threads that screw onto the outside threads of the lugnuts. Coy Wheels, in Oklahoma sells lugnuts with the 7/16 inside threads that our trucks use, and the proper outside threads for the plastic hubcap nuts. I paid $1.00 each for them. Let me know, and I'll get the proper info for Coy Wheels for ya'.

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nice , Bilbo !

I remember being that skinny once upon a time :D .

I don't know where they are but I do have a few blurry Kodak Instamatic photos of my '46 3100 taken in 1976 or so......

If I ever find 'em again I'll try to scan and post up .

11. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

OH, You recognized the Kodak photos? That's exactly what those are. I used my digital camera to shoot the originals so I could have electronic copies. I also remember being skinny once upon a time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.