Window seal fit w/ replacement doors

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by Hoosier Chevy, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hoosier Chevy

Hoosier Chevy Member

I just got my truck back from the body shop. We put put new aftermarket doors on and I'm real happy with the fit, except the slots seem to be wider than the stock doors, and I'm not at all happy with the fit of the vent & window seals. The seals that are in there now were from the old doors, I just ordered all new hoping that this will correct the problem. Has anyone else run into this issue with replacement doors?

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Rubber Seals , Grommets & Weatherstrips

FWIW ;

I use ONLY Steele Rubber (made in America) because sadly , our Host along with nearly every other Vendor , uses crappo Taiwanese rubber that's junky , doesn't fit , dries out and leaks , rots in the sun after a year or three , so on and so forth .

Quality i$n't cheap but it's always worth the $ .

Are these 'Glass or steel repop doors ? .

3. Hoosier Chevy

Hoosier Chevy Member

Thanks for the reply. The doors are steel and like I stated, I'm really happy with the overall fit, except for the window slots. I'll check into the Steele rubber.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

" Perseverence Furthers "

...You'll find the Steel Rubber Co's OnLine Catalog to be kinda clunky but well worth the effort to keep at it until you find what you want .

Don't forget to take and post up , some pictures , before and after are nice if you can .