young people

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Sep 25, 2010.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Took a car to a muffler shop I'd never used before but is much easier to get to than my old places. They were short handed and said it would be a couple hours so I went out exploring which led to a road under construction that was wet and slimy and me in the ditch. After walking and hitching back to the muffler shop a young fellow working there with a 4wd said he would give me a pull after work which was just a few minutes away. The road was a very hard packed base with an inch of loose wet mud on top so his 4wd couldn't get traction. He got on his cell phone and 4wd's converged from every direction. With three hooked together it extracted one sorry little Ranger. The others were driving into the gulley I had been in just to see if they could get out by themselves and when I tried to pay them they said "Oh no, we were thinking about taking up a collection to pay you for finding such a great place". I think I'll be a bit more mellow when I see their dress, tattoos, and piercings. Not the god-awful music though.

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

That is a great story, glad to see you were able to get back to the muffler shop in one piece.
    Those young folks will remember you for ever.

3. federale

federale Member

Re:Stuck

I don't know what kinds of trucks the young people had,but I have found that Jeepers are some of the most knowledgeable and helpful people out there. They come in all ages and from all walks of life.

4. MotherTrucker

MotherTrucker Member

Usually when we hit the desert,,,theres all diff. sorts of this and that pullin eachother out,,or back to "base" for repairs, etc....Out by taft, and shafter,,and a few other non publicized spots,we manage to have a hella time. And root up some good findings too from abandoned sites.
    Kinda depends how far out there you want to go "rootin".,,usually, a good time is guaranteed for all!

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Thats kinda what we tell the new comer yankees around here. If you find yourself in a ditch, don't worry. Some good ol boys with a 4wd will be along shortly. Don't try to help, you'll just get in the way. This is what they live for.

6. Zombie54

Zombie54 Member

always remember no matter what a person looks like you may have more in common than you think. Me for example I am 24 have tattoos and piercings, but i have a good job, willing to help people, a family, and love my 54. Its all about the stories, bragging rights or adventure when it comes to 4x4'n

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Grumble , Mutter.....

Danged kids !! :mad: it's getting so's I can't complain about 'em anymore ! :mad: .

Soon , maybe they'll lesarn to pull their pants up even :rolleyes: :D

I'm just sayin' .

8. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Nate.....

Come to England, you'll have plenty to find to moan about!!!!!!

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx But ;

As I live , work and play in (in)Famous South Central Los Angeles , I have plenty to keep me busy grumbling about right here....

I'd love to visit tho' .