What happened to Woogeroo?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by LostMy65, Nov 26, 2014.

1. LostMy65

LostMy65 Member

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

His Last Activity here on this site was 11-21-2014 04:14 PM

He is also active over at the ChevyTalk site. His last activity there was 11-08-2014, reference his tranny rebuild.

Looks like everything "Woogeroo" has been stripped clean from this site. Maybe he deleted everything?

Speaking only from my own personal perspective:

That other site has a tendency to make you regret ever posting there, not from the members perspective, but due to the site owners and some of the administrators "holier-than-thou" attitudes.

It is specifically because of that site that I post all my pictures on Photobucket, so I can delete them if I want and not have my tech. data forever captured on a site that has banned me, a paying member, from their site. Case in point: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=457037

Woogeroo is good people. I sincerely hope all is well with him.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  3. LostMy65

LostMy65 Member

He put a whole lot of work into building a very comprehensive Faq's. - Giving credit to all who assisted. Staff said the reason it was dumped and replaced by another was because of some later posts. I'm not sure why they couldn't have just deleted the offending comments, rather than yanking the whole thing.
    Oh well.
    I know he made a few posts over here after all that, but yes, now they're all gone.
    I do hope all is well, also.

4. Ratnest

Ratnest Member

I saved lots of his info to my favorites....glad I did...I too hope all is well with him. His pointers led me out of confusion many times.

5. LostMy65

LostMy65 Member

I'm glad he contacted you John.
    I could continue this conversation via private messaging, but I wanted to publicly post my appreciation for all the hard work he did on the Faq's.
    I was a Moderator at a very active tech forum for years. You (woogy) do it to help out. And even if somehow something happens that makes you feel all of it was unappreciated, and why the hell did I bother? I know it was appreciated by those who matter.
    No woogeroo, don't waste your time. Spend it on your family and those you love.
    Tinker on your truck, and tinker with your Internet friends. But give your energies to those who really matter.
    Your Faq's were the best I ever seen. But you put so much work into them and then they were dumped. I say it's a great life lesson. :)
    Please don't completely disappear. Post here from time to time so we can extend our Internet love. ;)
    -Robert

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  6. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Heee's Baaack :D

7. LostMy65

LostMy65 Member

I've been to your page many times.
    I appreciate the links to Stovebolt and Hamb.
    I'd spend more time at those forums if I could find things easier.

8. markeb01

markeb01 Member

It really is shameful how some sites treat their most productive contributors. I'm glad to see you're still participating. The forum members are the ones that benefit from expertise, or suffer when it is dropped.

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

WELCOME HOME Wooge ! .

10. Ratnest

Ratnest Member

I'm so glad....Christmas time is good isn't it?

11. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Indeed :) .......

12. LostMy65

LostMy65 Member

When I joined that forum back in 2010, it was really active, full of participation by knowledgeable members. I guess if you treat enough members rudely, and ban those that speak up, eventually those who keep your forum kicking, find some other forum to hang out.

13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Those OTHER Forums

The Stovebolt Page -was- really nice until the damn kids showed up ~ they don't really care about real old trucks , just Chinese chrome bits slapped onto whatever they're playing with at the moment .

The H.A.M.B. _could_ be a valuable resource but the " holier than thou " attitude really sucks and stifles actual knowledge ~ an old Friend of mine got sucked into that B.S. , to be accepted he had to renounce every thing he held dear , now he's in the top of the mix , uses only crate SBC engines with all new everything ~ he never fixes anything , just bolts on new crap and still asks me how to fix things....

Sad really .

I like it here because I can ask all my pathetic stupid questions and no one laughs , they actually help me out , every time .

CARRY ON MEN ! :D .

14. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Teaching / Learning

You're right ~

I was lucky in that many Veterans took the time to teach me my Trade and how to behave etc. too ~..

Along the way I met ever so many jerks who were mean and rude if Youngsters asked them questions .

Knowledge use useless if it's not shared .

15. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Well said Woog

16. LostMy65

LostMy65 Member

Dealing with personalities is the biggest challenge. I was a mod for years at an extremely active tech forum. When a member seems to need an adjustment, kindness and patience goes so much further than chastising and stern action like banning. Banning should be the very last resort. Before you react to a member, you have to consider the community. Over there, Member Sharps may have got aggressive about his gun thread, but his banning shut down so much good forum activity. Others leave when their friends leave. Stomping on Woogy slowed the forum down even more. Huge contributors aren't unaware when they see a fellow member slugged in the gut. When I was temporarily banned there, it was because I was put out by a staff member's post about me. Rather than consider my feelings, it was easier to ban me to shut me up. But I pleaded with them to search the forums and see how considerate and helpful I was in the forums. The staff member actually followed through and deleted his offending post. I still feel it's the best classic truck forum out there. I like how it's kept family friendly. A father and daughter can participate and not worry about bad language and inappropriate posts.
    BTW .. The faqs there are really looking good. ;-)

17. 66 Truck Drive

66 Truck Drive Member

15 going on 16 here. lol Been fixing broken stuff all my life. I don't believe in the "Oh just throw it away and buy a new one" attitude. That's why I like restoring my 66...no crate engine...292 inline 6 beefed up with American parts going back in the truck. :D