Should have checked

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Jan 12, 2018.

1. coilover

coilover Member

We have two customers that want the first series Blazer so we bought four to make two out of. 4WD vehicles are not rare but also not common here so we bought one from Minnesota where many pickups/SUV's/Suburbans/ etc have 4WD. The idea was to put a Texas body on the 4WD Minnesota frame---NOT. Should have checked with you from the land of ice and snow first. The frame is either completely gone or so corroded that you can slip on a welding glove and twist a hand full out of it with no great effort. We did come up with a Texas 4WD Blazer frame and so took a few shots of each. The rear cross member has a "V" from a chain yanking so was going to use the Minnesota one; dreaming again!

IMG_4474.JPG IMG_4475.JPG IMG_4476.JPG IMG_4477.JPG

;

2. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Go ahead Evan,
    RUB IT IN. They don't call it the "RUST BELT" for nothing!

Last week I got a parking ticket. In my work parking lot. The offense? Parking crooked. The ugly truth?
    THERE IS SO MUCH SALT ON THE (brand new, black pavement) PARKING LOT YOU CANNOT SEE THE WHITE LINES.

I actually thought about snapping a picture of it- for YOU.

Enjoy the weather!

3. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Wow, Mike, a parking ticket, in your work parking lot.
    How ridiculous. What, do they have some control freak, mall cop, type, riding around on a golf cart?

Steve.

P.S. Evan, is there anything in Minnesota, of much value? Except the fishing?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Lakeroadster likes this.
  4. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Your a good man Mike... I'm afraid I'd have packed up my stuff and headed on down the road.

____
    John

5. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Steve,
    There IS a mall cop who rides around in a tiny SUV, with enough flashing lights on it to land a 747... and evidently, somebody in "legal" figured it was safer to salt the parking lot than to have one person slip a little. More is better, right?

John,
    That day approaches.

6. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Mike, I've noticed that people in "legal" or "safety" have to just keep coming up with silly, asinine, rules.
    I think it is so the business owner's don't look at them and see some serious savings, if they were eliminated.

One thing bad about LED's, is, they have allowed emergency vehicles to be so loaded with them, they cause a traffic hazard.
    Some of the cop-cars around here will literally blind drivers, at night. Especially in the rain.

Steve.

7. e015475

e015475 Member

I worked at a place here in Phoenix that had parking spaces for only about 90% of the people that worked there. Parking spaces were always a problem and they seemed to enjoy changing parking arrangements at their whim.

The security guards were a little zealous and bought some 'boot' immobilizers to enforce their somewhat capricious parking regulations. (They'd write 'tickets' too, and send them to your boss, which usually resulted in a mild reprimand of 'Don't do that' from on high)

One of engineers found his Corvette 'booted' one day after work. He caught a ride home, got some tools and came back and disassembled the boot to free his car. He dropped the disassembled boot in a cardboard box in front of the guard shack the next day.

I don't know what happened, but the engineer was still working there several years later. He had quite a bit of notoriety among the working troops for standing up to the security nazis.

BTW - 77F here today and blue skies (our reward for putting up with summer weather). Going to the RM auction at the Arizona Biltmore on Wednesday morning in flip flops and shirt sleeves.

Bilbo likes this.