Manly quality of a GMC

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, May 19, 2012.

1. Zig

Zig Member

Even without being put back together, you can tell this truck is a GMC! Chevy trucks tend to have that little nib that drains the cowl vent run off right onto a very hot (tired) 6. Unfortunately it is too short to do much else. Now, on my GMC, the hose is much to big and long and has to be strapped to the fire wall to keep it from getting in the way of things. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Zig, you getting your auto parts at Walmart "Lawn and Garden" dept again?:D:D I gotta admit, it looks good with the existing yellow trim! So does that Chevy oil bath air cleaner!:p

Ken

3. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Got a blockage or something up there?

OMG!! Looks like a Urine Catheter to me...got a leg bag strapped under there somewhere?:eek Yeah, mines too stiff to track like that....Just a chevyman trait!!:p:p

4. Wolf

Wolf Member

Looking great Zig!!! Its all starting to come together, when are we going to meet in Fort Scott???

5. ccharr

ccharr Member

Paul,
    I can not remember any G that has yellow water hose and 3/4" ridget conduit clamps on the firewall from that air vent drain, Looks good like you have it, but, Photo # 11 in Raz's thread "https://talk.classicparts.com/showthread.php?t=17105", .. . . ..... shows an untouched G engine compartment that has the nub of that overflow. Also you will notice that the overbit is not showing in Raz's TrucK. Did you get your frame extended properly so you can finish that G correctly? I'm posting a photo of what your G will look like if you did not extend the frame and a photo of you and Brain lookin at how much you going to have to move the front axle out and then two photos of how to fix a G correctly an be able to get into shows with Chevy Trucks.

Attached Files:

6. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Attention K-Mart shoppers....
    our blue light special is located in the lawn and garden department....
    genuine Chinese garden hose, in a variety of "pretty" colors like lemony yellow, are being offered to our valued customers at the unbelievable price of a dollar two ninety eight...
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  7. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

I think I would have chosen a different color on the hose .

In addition to the Chevy air cleaner....
    The Rochester carb on that thing is a Chevy part also.

We have the correct GMC Zenith carb & GMC air cleaner for it.
    {will take about as much time to install as it did to do the old garden hose drain trick }.

8. Zig

Zig Member

It's my wife's fault!

Thanks, Big Brother!
    I spent almost a week eyeing that bright yellow hose my wife had just bought. One day I came home and she asked me what the replacement end was doing on the end of her hose...
    As far as the oil bath air cleaner, that is proudly used because that came straight from Ken! So, not everything needs to be GMC, as long as it works. ;)

9. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Just messin' with you! Like Ken says...its your bucks and truck....go for it! Its sort of like a theft deterent too!!!LOL

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Dose Buck Teef Again.....

FWIW ;

If you install the cowl vent drain hose correctly , it points to the driver's side ever so slightly and so doesn't dribble rain water on your mighty GMC L O N G Motor .

Nevertheless , the yellow hose does match your overall paint scheme nicely .

I go back to The Dentist Tuesday , I'm *so* glad I don't have buck teef :D .

11. spika

spika Member

Man, it's good to see you guys haven't changed while I've been absent!!! Sheesh!!!

Been a helova busy past few months around here, and I've just not had a chance to even check in here to see how things are going. Just took Rosie out for a main street cruise and an ice cream...the snow finally let up and the sun came out just a bit before it went down. Ah, livin' in Montana...

Hope all is going well with all in AD land...keep those hoses stiff and hangin' to the side...I'll try to stop by now and then, now that we're back in roddin' season...

Regards from the Studester-:):):)

12. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Dude, welcome home! Bring the snow down here! We hit 92 again today here! Makes it tough to enjoy a Sunday morning drive when you get up at 7:00 and it's already 80 and humid!:eek:

13. Chiro

Chiro Member

Firewall

Looks great Zig. What about the missing grommets for the speedometer cable and the ignition wires? You did buy the firewall grommet kit, riiiight? ;)

Andy

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  14. Zig

Zig Member

Hey~ Come on!

You trying to rush me or somethin', Andy??? :p

I've only been at this for, let's see... umm~ Well, a l-o-n-g dang time! (And I forgot where I put those...) :(