Followers 1

Share This Page

1952Bowtie

Member, from Spokane, WA

1952Bowtie was last seen:
Apr 18, 2013
    1. skiter1961
      skiter1961
      Thanks for the help on the tire sizes Are your tires with tubes installed / and are they of the highway tread or something different. thanksa again for your help
    2. 1952Bowtie
      1952Bowtie
      Martinius,

I have one of Tom's on mine, a single. The electric choke is easy. All you need is a 12V hot connection. I made a wire with spade connectors on the ends. The most difficult part is the accelerator linkage but it is kind of fun too...like a puzzle. Dave (Fla54Chevy3100) was on this forum a couple of years ago and helped me with mine. You can go back and search my old posts and find his advice. As you already know, Tom is a great help too.

Hope you like your carbs as much as I like mine. It is the best thing I've ever done to my old truck.

Hope this helps,
      Bob
    3. Blueflame236
      Blueflame236
      Hi Bob

Wanna thank you for the excellent pictures i have got from you. The Carter/weber carbs that Tom Langdon sells have an el.choke and i wonder how to connect these ? Any clue?
      Is Fla54Chevy3100 also a forum member here , great setup it is indeed. Maybe i could ask him how to connect the el. wires to the trucks sirquit ?

Thanks again for all the pics, they where of great help Martinius
    4. 1952Bowtie
      1952Bowtie
      Hi Martinius,

Sorry I didn't notice you message until now. Also sorry I don't know about bolt in overdrives for four speed transmissions. The suggestion I made to Tony was for his 3 speed.

Take care,
      Bob
    5. Blueflame236
      Blueflame236
      Hi Bowtie

Do you have any suggestion on installing an overdrive when having a closed torque tube , the 4 speed saginaw conversion 1 st. 3.11 (short tailpeace) and 3.55:1 rearend. I am looking for an posseble bolt in overdrive here ?

Martinius.
  • About