Chevy only show

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ccharr, May 4, 2014.

1. ccharr

ccharr Member

Went to a Vintage Chevrolet Club of America event in Glendora today and seen some really great Chevys. Two Purists were a little much but they did not have a ride that traveled like mine. Here are some photos of a few of um. Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

Here are some more of the photos today.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

So do they actually turn cars away that aren't 100% Chevrolet? I am guessing you didn't see any old Fords with Chevy running gear?

Thanks for posting the photos, some truly stellar rides there.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thank you !

I love that '37 ! .

A ' purist ' who doesn't actually drive their old Chevy , isn't really a Purist , he's a jerk off .

If you don't like driving it, you should sell it no matter how rare you think it is .

I went to the AHTS Show in Perris , Ca. at the orange County Rail Road Museum , lots of nice trucks there .

5. OldSoul

OldSoul Member

thanks

nice, thanks for sharing!

6. ccharr

ccharr Member

I was asking about a stock show and was told my truck is not stock, the up and coming show is for stock only, their was a couple there. The 9ft. has a 235 not a 216, has a 12v. system, an Alt, elect. wipers, non era Cab fan, Lincoln seat, 76 rear-end, Billet rims, non-stock tires, two non stock spare tire holders, modern fuse box added and a Jeep under the hood light that has 4ft cord with it, two air horn under hood, and two non stock horns on the fender well. And soon to 54 Corvette exhaust manifold and Fenton intake w/h 2 carter yf carbs. :D But it travels the highways.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  7. ccharr

ccharr Member

Nate,
    That 37 was so sweet as was a 35 barn find 4 dr. sedan that the patina was great no real rust showing anywhere. It had 35K on it but had been sitting for 54 years and I got so into talking to the Lady that owned it I forgot to get any photos of it. But in all it was a good show, just got hot to fast and we left.

8. ccharr

ccharr Member

Here

Is a photo of a 54 Corvette that was there also I forgot to post

Attached Files:

9. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Nice pictures. Thanks for the report Charles.

Yea those VCCA guys are sticklers for originality.

They can mark you down on the judging sheet if you have bolt heads with the wrong markings on them :eek:

10. ccharr

ccharr Member

I will not inquire about entering a stock show again :eek:, I had a good time there still and will enter the truck if I get the chance in another class.

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Wow ;

The VCCA sure has changed since I was a member in the early 1970's .

12. ccharr

ccharr Member

I'm glad to see there are some that want to save the rides as they were bought.

13. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have several purist friends who love them exactly as they came. I have more who like to drive them and don't mind upgrading to make them safer and more reliable. The 54 I did the t5 swap and rear on looks completely factory, except the shifter is a little different. You could track down an origional shifter and adapt the handle to the t5 to make it visually stock. I'm all about driving them and modify to suit. There is a reason bias plys and 4 wheel drums and single master cylinders aren't still used on new cars......