photo tries

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ccharr, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ccharr

ccharr Member

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

You did it ! .

:D

3. ccharr

ccharr Member

With this computer of mine it is slow up loading with the dail-up service. Really hate to put out any more for the faster service, but . .. . . .. looks loke I may go ahead and get it if I want to do pitures and the other things.

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Cool ride Charles!

5. GrandpaGlenn0

GrandpaGlenn0 Member

Nice looking truck--Good luck with it.
    Glenn

6. ccharr

ccharr Member

Glenn, Ken, and Nate,
    Thanks, the truck is not so primmer bright anymore, it has lighten up some and the rust is starting to show again. Since the engine got fixed and third member changed out it is so nice to ride in it. :D
    Again thanks,
    Charles

7. Zig

Zig Member

Great looking!!!

That is another fine long bed! You and Gater did that style proud! Enjoy it, or tear it down and repaint it?:rolleyes:

8. ccharr

ccharr Member

Zig,
    Thanks, I am not going to paint it unless I can do it myself. The prices are out of this world. I had the engine and third member done by others.
    Because I use to as a kid help out in a body and fender shop and also a fiberglass shop. They could not fix the body and paint on my budget and make any money. When I buy new vehicles the dealers hate to see me come in.. :rolleyes: Galpin in the San Fernando Valley really does not like dealing with me on paint and body issues. :D
    Again Thanks,
    Charles

9. Zig

Zig Member

I hear you!

That's why I'm backing away from the rattle cans and stepping up to a paint gun. I never wanted a "show" truck, so what I'm getting for my efforts is fine! Plus, it's MINE! I have no one to rag on about quality. It really SHINES !!!!:D
    Clear coated to keep it that way. Runs, orange peel, bug tracks, ...:rolleyes: But I really love it, and that's what matters!:cool:
    So whatever you do, e-n-j-o-y it!

10. ccharr

ccharr Member

I'm still trying out the photo thing, tried to upload about 6 so far tonight only two show up. Now trying Nick the admin persons advice/direction/finger pointer/path/tracker/make easier gismo, :confused: . I'm going to try all 5openings on the super upload gismo. :eek:
    Well after 28 minutes I stopped the upload of 5. So maybe I will try 2.
    It is now 1230 am and I'm going to go get some sleep and try this tomorrow evening after work.
    By the way Nick, if you are watching, thanks for putting the attachment here.

11. ccharr

ccharr Member

once more

trying to do the simple way. 933 pm up one photo . 947pm
    The shot of the engine compartment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  12. ccharr

ccharr Member

trying again

this time maybe 3,this will be two other shots of the truck, one of the air horn and the other at the curb again. The third is of a j i case auto from an old mag. ad that was on ebay.

Attached Files:

13. 58fleetside

58fleetside Member

Air Cleaner

That is one pretty engine. Is that the original carb? Wondering where you got that air cleaner.

14. ccharr

ccharr Member

Thanks, the guys at EER did a good job making it look nice, the carb is original I have a new one that needs a kit put in it. I found it on ebay it had never been on a vehicle. The air clearer was on the truck when I bought it.
    I got a lot of inquires about it at the Primer Nations in Ventura Saturday.
    Thanks again,

Charles

15. Zig

Zig Member

Charles!

You got it going on there! I love the horns and the way you mounted them!!! great idea!:cool:

16. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Hey Charles ;

That's nice how you upgraded the stock cheapo air filter , I have the stock one and I'm not sure how well it filters , dry mesh and all . I prefer oil bath types .

Your truck looks nice , maybe some day I'll clean mine up like that .

BTW : Chevy 235 truck engines are supposed to be grey and passenger car 235's are blue ~ . The Truck Shop on Batavia in Orange , Ca. has all manner of cool rockerbox decals just like original .

17. ccharr

ccharr Member

Zig,
    Thanks, I started putting horns in that area on my CJ5s. Used the alumumnin diamond plate and seen to work good. Was always out of the way. I'm not really finish with these have to get the wiring looking a little better. Keep the engine compartment free for other items.
    Charles

18. Zig

Zig Member

Great Idea!

Charles, I think I'll follow your lead. It is a GOOD way to get those out of the way. Mine were mounted to the fire wall and were in the way of a nice, clean look.

19. ccharr

ccharr Member

Nate,
    That store over there in Orange is some store. They now sale Ford :D parts. What a candy store that is otherwise. Because of being in Ventura County, my trips to Botavia are few, except when we are going down to the OC Fair or car show. First ran into them at Pomona Swap meet, had forgot about the decals, thanks. All I remembered is when Jerry at EER asked about the color I wanted the engine is some of my chevys in the past had orange so that is what I told him. The truck is staying Primer so the orange inside will help brighten things up some. Decals are a good idea, thanks.
    That air cleaner was there when I picked it up in South Dakota. I have tried to find them myself but had no luck I think the guy said he got things like that from our host, ?but then again maybe not that guy was full of bovine exhaust???
    One person at the Primer Nationals stated he wanted some like mine but he said they were over 100$ for the two when he found them, did not state where he found them.
    Charles

20. Zig

Zig Member

Chevys of the 40s

Check them out. "Intake parts" PAGES of air cleaners and parts!

Big brother Ken sent me (for free) an oil bath cleaner! He's truely a class act, and I can't wait to post ya all a picture of how things look when I'm done with the engine compartment!:cool: