Hello from Arizona!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by The Hill Boys, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ccharr

ccharr Member

My Friends did not make it to the swap meet they had to go the Deming N.M., but Virginia, Gina and I did. I was great to be able to met and talk with Joe, wish i could have been there a little earlier and have taken one of my wagons for parts. I did not drive the Chevy it will be ready to pick up tomorrow morning, it was/is in the shop getting the king pins and other undercarriage issues fixed.

2. AZbent

AZbent Member

Hill Boys where are you located in Gilbert? I live at Val Vista and Warner. My truck is in the very slow lane for one of the same reasons that you listed (wife). It would be nice to get together and maybe we could help each other out.
    Mark

3. The Hill Boys

The Hill Boys Member

Heck yeah! Recker and Elliot.

4. Wolf

Wolf Member

Very nice truck! Yes for sure fix it and drive it! Thats what I did and am still doing. I love it. Could be happier with my truck. Looks like you have a great one!

That first long drive is just awesome!!!

5. The Hill Boys

The Hill Boys Member

Thank you! I'm looking forward to just the first drive down the street! Totally want a daily driver.

6. Wolf

Wolf Member

Just some pics to enjoy and dream about doing:) Yours is no GMC but it will be able to handle some of these...;) Some friendly GMC vs Chevy Humor you will get used to it:)
    talk.classicparts.com/showthread.php?t=12386

7. The Hill Boys

The Hill Boys Member

Now that is what I am talking about! You sir are my idol! I would much rather see one of these old trucks with a load of rock or lumber than sitting around all gussied up!

We passed up on a 1953 GMC (below) before we picked up this one. It wasn't titled and we had some concerns with how one of the previous owners came into possession of of the truck (held for debt owed) so we thought there could be an issue getting a bonded title. I've been a Chevy guy all my life and have no problem with it's acronym-ed cousin.

[​IMG]