Rear tank/swaybar

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Rich 5150 69, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Rich 5150 69

Rich 5150 69 Member

I remember now that the bed was from a newer truck, just been trying to decide the best approach to this, really leaning toward just triming the rear mounts down a half inch, maybe 3/4 inch and weld the bottom pad back on, then there will not be any spacers

Attached Files:

2. Rich 5150 69

Rich 5150 69 Member

I just moved the rear mounts in to the `63 to `66 location, drilled out 9 spot welds per each mount welded them back in, bed is done now, installed used swap meet overflow tank, got rid of plastic one installed twenty years ago, used factory radiator shroud bolt loaction so no new noles drilled, hose drops down thru factory hole to recovery bottle, pics of old one and then new one..

Attached Files:

3. Rich 5150 69

Rich 5150 69 Member

Noticed lately truck running kinda crappy, I`m down to the carb, its a `69 quadrajet 4MV so guess I pick up a carb kit for it, and also install the new manifold I picked up a few months back or was that a year ago, yep had to go back and look, 3/1/2013....anyways, I believe one of the plugs underside the quad is leaking, so I`ll go ahead and pull it all down clean all new gaskets, I want to change out the secondary metering rods to a slightly smaller set, I rebuilt this carb 20 years back, I put a throttle shaft bushing kit on it, but may have to do it again, and put the new manifold on same time, need to find anothe aluminum T-stat housing with the o=ring design they seal better....I would really like to find a `74 to `79 quad as the have an accessible APT for better part throttle adjustment....

Attached Files: