Sweet Sixteen!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

It was way back in '88, I remeber it like it was 20 years ago.....Finally got a '79 mazda wagon....mushroom green, faded clearcoat. It had just enough power to get out of it's own way, but ac that would put frost in your knee hair. We got that thing airborn on halloween with 4 guys in the car going across an intersection. Blew the engine, got another one, then a brake caliper bolt rounded off.....that was that.

2. Dogwalker

Dogwalker Member

The year was 1975 and I had just turned 16. My first car was a 1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider. My dad bought it new in 1956, and I bought it from him. It's still in my garage and is not a car, but a member of my family. I also had a motorcycle that was kept at a friend's house because my parents forbid me to have one, and what they didn't know...etc. By the way, they still don't know, and we'll keep it that way- right guys??!?!? One day while sitting at a redlight on my Honda 125, my father pulled up along side of me. Fortunately I was wearing a full face helmet and kept my head turned the opposite direction and immediately turned off. Whew!!

Anyway, my '49 AD sits beside my Alfa and they are wonderful friends.

Larry

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  3. Texas53

Texas53 Member

The year was 1983. President was Ronald Reagan and the place was right here in Round Rock, Texas. The car was a 1979 2 door Chevy Chevette. Would you believe it was orange? Big surprise. My brother (twin) and I bought it for $800. The night we bought it, the timing belt broke on the way home. The nice guy we bought it from fixed it for us for free. Luckily, it was just the belt. Anyways, those cars don't have the best reputation but other than that first night, ours never let us down. I saved up my money working at Mervyn's and bought my own car late in my senior year, a 1969 Triumph TR-6. After that it was a 1950 Chevy PU, 1987 Nissan 300ZX, 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2003 BMW 530i, and now the 1953 Chevy PU. Loved them all but man my tastes are all over the road.

4. yodaman

yodaman Member

The year was 1991 and GHW Bush was the president. The place was the same small town here on the Eastern Shore of MD. My first car was a '81 Trans Am that my dad bought a little before my folks split and I begged him to let me drive it when I turned 16. After having the tranny rebuilt I put the car in 2 ditches, jumped off a hill at 80+ mph on the way to a church function ( I thought I was Luke Duke), beat a few mustangs and blew two engines in the two yerars before it was stolen and wrecked and so she sits awaiting a rebirth.....I'm lucky I survived the good old days and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Josh

5. Dadboughtit

Dadboughtit Member

It was 1970 when I got my freedom. I paid $200.00 for my 1964 plymouth valiant. It had a 216, 3 on the tree, and ran like a sewing machine. A friend of mine gave me two boxes of 8-tracks so I threw an 8-track in it and life was as good as it's ever been. After I graduated high school I move up to Corvallis, OR. to attend Oregon State. I was there about a year when a guy in a brand new coupe-de-ville ran a stop and totalled "ACE" (the first 3 character in the license plate). I told my woes to Dad and he let me have the 1951 Chevy I'm in the process of restoring. He bought it brand new; I came home from the hospital in it after I was born, and I brought my son home in it after he was born. If it wasn't for you guys and your infinite knowledge and support for novices like me I probably wouldn't even own it now. After this spring I will post some pics of my restoration (right now it's dismantled and waiting for $$ & TCL).