Proud Father, Bragging!!!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, May 11, 2011.

1. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Uploading pictures!

Open your old thread and scroll down a bit.
    Klick on manage attachements
    Find the pictures you want and browse from the computer.
    Klick upload then and wait until photos are uploaded .
    Attach the window by closing after uploading is ready .
    Your good to go :)

Martinius.

2. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Congrats Wolfman and wife !

Wolfe and the misses congrats with the new born kid. Great looking next generation stovebolter in the back of the truck :)

Martinius.

3. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks! We are really excited! Any guesses on boy or girl? I find out Thursday, so the results will be in then!!

That would be fun. Right now my wife and son and I can drive in it together. Its tight with the car seat and both of us in. But it does work. But yeah when the other one arrives out of space...

Martinus, thank you! Yeah I know I sure did have a lot of great memories with my dad and his crummy ol white truck. Its fun to pass it along;)

4. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say twins... that way you'll REALLY need the suburban! lol

Damon

5. ccharr

ccharr Member

Congrats Brian, Another blessed event coming for your wife and you and junior too.

6. Zig

Zig Member

CORNGRATULATIONS!!!!! Now there's going to be fighting over who gets the manly GMC that daddy drives!
    Son #1 sure is a cutie! He looks right at home in the bed of dad's truck!

7. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Wolf, most awesome! I'm tickled for you! My youngest grandson is going to be 2 in July! He is a hoot! The neatest part about being a grandpa is that you get to send them home! Remember this always! Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy! Love those kids, nurture them, teach them! They will make you proud, they will break you heart, but above all, they will be a little bit of you always! God bless you son!

8. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thank you all for the kind words! Its funny Ken how you mention being a grandpa. My parents just love being grandparents. My dad just turned 54 and retired this year! Yes he is a young man;)

Anyway its just so much fun watching them with my son. Which by the way my son gets away with anything with them. If I would have done any of that, my rear would have hurt for weeks. But that is the fun of being a grandparent I suppose. They just spoil him and love on him. It's great.

Anyway just found out this morning that baby number 2 is a little....

BOY!! Yeppers another son. So excited. A little sad that its not a girl, but if it would have been a girl I would have been a little sad it wasn't a boy.... You get the idear.

9. Zig

Zig Member

Well there you have it~ Your grass cutting days will soon be over! ;)
    Nice work force you're building! :)
    Oldest son should enjoy having a brother sooner or later~ I'm sure they will be best buds and have wonderful stories about "dad". No?

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Great news !

To go with the great picture .

Don't EVER change that tailgate Wolf .

11. Wolf

Wolf Member

Yeah I am keeping it! It sure means a lot to me that my grandpa made it. ;)

I do take it out when I fill up the bed with "junk" But back in it goes once emptied out!

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I hope

You know just how lucky you are Wolf ! .

I never met my Granpa but I am told he's much like me ~ worked with his hands more often than not and loved traveling jobs...

Your Grandpa will be riding shotgun wherever you go....

13. Wolf

Wolf Member

Well to update this old thread. My 1st son is now 4 years old. My 2nd son will be turning 2 here in a few months.

And now we will be expecting a baby girl in 6 months or so!!!!

Man I am so excited. Anyway I just wanted to share this news.

What this means though is the fact that I can't fit them all in my truck. So my wife and I have made the decision to sell the old truck. I will post up a thread on this but its not all bad news. Here is why!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Zig

Zig Member

Awesome! I love the horn setup on that!
    Seat belts to hold the car seat in place? Or are you going to go old school and let them ride on the rear window shelf? ;)

15. Wolf

Wolf Member

Yep the plan is to get some a set of 5 seat belts. That will be one of the very first things to do;)

16. Wolf

Wolf Member

Seat belts installed, in the rear at least! Have taken the whole family for several cruises. It is just awesome to get everyone in there! Love it. We took it out to dinner last night. Just perfect!

17. Zig

Zig Member

Awesome, Brian!
    I'm sure people enjoy seeing a whole family get in and out of that as well!

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Speaking Of Proud Father......

Here's my Son Wednesday :

Attached Files:

19. Wolf

Wolf Member

Paul, yes it is fun to see people drive by and see my wife and I driving then a closer look shows two little boys in the back. Gets a double look every time, then some big smiles.

Love the pic Nate! Is that a dune buggy? Are those based on a VW bug? Looks great

20. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Other Brands

Yes Wolf ;

I thought it was another brand but just to - day I got some photos (will post if asked) of it far and gone in the wilderness in the Sierra Mountains and he called it a Manx .

It's on a shortened ball joint (means 1966 or newer) VW Beetle pan , has Safari (VW ' Thing ') spindles and trailing arms up front , I forget what tranny but it has the brandy new Mexican made 1600 C.C. low compression dual port engine I bought for my old '69 VW One Ton Panel Truck , I gave him the truck and he sold it , the new (NOT rebuilt !) and up graded engine didn't add any value so he kept it .

This Dune Buggy has a turbo charger on it and easily out runs V8 Muscle Cars much to their embarrassment when his tiny little WIFE is getting trophies in it at the drag strip :D .

That's the original gel coat , he tries to keep it polished up .

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015