What GMC Truck Guys Do!!!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, Sep 7, 2010.

1. spika

spika Member

spray rig with a PTO

I sure wish I had a picture to share with you guys, but the 52 I'm gussying up right now spent its life from '75 to about 2002 as my crop chemical application rig...had a 300 gallon water tank on it, removed the box completely and just mounted the tank on the frame, and put many miles on it in second gear at 10.2 mph. That's starting out with around 2500 lbs of load, pulling up and over some pretty steep hills. Never a complaint from the ol' girl. BTW...still have a nice PTO setup that bolts up to the transmission if anyone has a need for extra output shaft on their original tranny. Works great...give me a shout if you are interested...

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

3. Wolf

Wolf Member

Got something fun installed today. One side view mirror!! I need to get some longer screws for the passenger side or that one would be on today as well. It will be nice to be able to see a bit better when driving around.

Oh and a few pics of when we moved a few weeks ago. So busy I only took a few pics. But the old truck made about 7 trips. Just across town about 8 miles away. We got a house with an Acre of land. Its great!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one of my shinny new side mirror and yeah I got the chrome one:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. spika

spika Member

Wow...snazzy!!!! Great to hear you've found a new place...you can store a quite a few GMC's on an acre!

5. Zig

Zig Member

Congratulations, Brian!

It will probably be easier to find you when I head up that way!

6. Elky67

Elky67 Member

Good on ya Brian, i like the way, you use your great lookin´GMC, it´s so much fun, to have a vintage truck, it´s something special and also something very handy, when it comes to moving stuff about;)

You also can´t beat the look of people, who obviously didn´t know, that there have been trucks or cars built prior to their Toyota Prius etc:D

7. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks. Yeah it sure is fun some of the looks. Most people around here give me a big smile and a thumbs up! I usually get a 'What year is that?' at about ever other stop light;)

8. Wolf

Wolf Member

So for our new house, I finally have some land, an acre. I needed to cut down bout 12 old pine trees. Anyway, here is the GMC doing what it does best. Not a lot of weight, for this truck, but it was doing its duty again!

Enjoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D:D:D

9. Wolf

Wolf Member

Here is my favorite one. My son wanting so bad to come out and help. Just too windy for him... But he got to watch and I spent more time playing with him then working. But it was worth it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Weren't you worried !!

About scratching the paint or getting sap on it? It might ruin the patina!:D

11. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Geez Brian, how old is your son now? Seems like only yesterday you told us of his birth! He's a good looking little man!

Ken

12. Wolf

Wolf Member

Yeah no joke right!!! he is 10 months old now. My dad wasn't joking about time just flying... I does only seem like yesterday when he was born. He is just amazing. God has blessed my wife and me so much with him. Just blows me away:)

Flashlight, yeah I was concerned a bit about the bed, but I might just have to splurge this year and get a new bed... on some new 8 buck particle board;)

As long as I don't dirty up my shiny new side view mirrors, Im all good;)
    Plus it runs so much better when its hauling something;)

13. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks for the pictures, Brian! Ya make me proud!!!

I can't wait 'till I'm {having some young kid} throwing heavy pieces of junk out of the back of MY truck!

You're setting a great example for that little one of yours!

14. Wolf

Wolf Member

Funny thing Zig, I was thinking it would be nice when my son gets older, so he can help too;)

It just melted my heart to see him wanting to come out and play with me so bad. I spent a lot of time looking and playing with him through the window!!

15. ctzr1

ctzr1 Member

To cool Brian,
    Although I think your son was triing to tell you and or was concerned about you putting another scratch in HIS truck

16. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thats funny. My wife and my son and I went out for a drive around the neighborhood for a good 45 min Monday Night. He had a blast. So did we:D

17. Wolf

Wolf Member

Alright, so my son really enjoyed playing in his cousin's sand box, so we thought we would build him one! This was a few weekends ago Temp way 108F and the heat index they say was above 110F, like it matters at this point;)

Went and got 8 free railroad ties, then 2 cubic yards of sand, one load at a time. Each load tipped the scales at 2890lbs and 3105lbs.

So the old GMC did great 108F and 3k lbs in the bed, all stock, zero overheating!!! Stop and go traffic. Old truck is just awesome.

Enjoy the pics!!! I still get funny looks when I pull up in the old truck:) Tons of thumbs up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My son and I enjoying our work!!! What a fun day, many many more to come Lord willing!

18. Zig

Zig Member

That's awesome, Brian! That son of yours should have GREAT memories! (As well as the person who dumped the sand in your truck! ;)

19. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Just beware of the neighborhood cats.:p

20. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Love the stories and the photos! Just goes to show that these old trucks were built to last!

Damon