I figured out how to post pics of my GMC

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bilbo, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Thanks Zig. Rear fenders and running boards are in my possession, just need to paint the running boards, and gotta' have a little work done on the left rear fender so I can use the one with the indent for the side mount spare ;) That bit of body work, and some on the front fenders will be the only work done by anyone besides Myself, and my Father-in-Law. Oh, Can't forget my Brother helped me with the glass as well.

Martinius, Thanks for the compliments. I haven't found anyone who will tell me there's anything wrong with using the wheels I've got... I think the only reason they're marked 'for trailer only', is because of speed ratings, and I doubt that will be a problem with My truck.:)
    I started assembly of the bed sheet metal today, and looking forward to working on the wood....

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Wow !

Are those original bed sides & tailgate ? .

They look perfect .

In hope you're going to paint the tailgate letters in GMC Red ! you're making a bold , eye catching statement here so you might as well rub us Bowtie Guys noses in the fact that your truck has that wonderful , full pressure GMC L O N G engine ! :rolleyes: .

Like I tell my Lady : if you've got it , FLAUNT it ! yeah Daddy .

3. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Nate, The bed sides and tailgate are all new, from our host. Both of my donor trucks were too bad off to use these parts. I will be able to use one of the 4 rear fenders :D I have Black decals for the GMC on the tailgate, to coordinate with black running boards and front bumper guard.

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Where's the "Like" button?

Bill, I think it's safe to say that even Charles would have to like what you've done to your truck, buck teef and all!

I normally don't do this, but in this case I have a suggestion that I think would look awesome on your truck. Instead of black lettering on the tailgate, I would go with white outlined with red to compliment your cab/hood treatment. How cool would that be?:cool: But, like we all say, you're paying the bills, so do what you want to do!

Carve out some time for me to come over and check out your truck. I've got a lot of spare time and would love to see this "Gem" in person!

5. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Ken, You're welcome to come over any time we can arrange it. Call or text when you want to work something out. :) 361-455-3334 Of course, We'll have to arrange a reciprocal agreement so I can see your Beauty of a truck as well.

As for the GMC lettering, I like the idea, but I'd have to paint the letters, and that's above my skill level... I'll check and see if the decals are available in white??

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  6. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

GMC Lettering good suggestion!

GMC lettering ; white With a touch of red on the back.

Yeah that it is a fantastic idea and it would give it a nice finishing touch !

Martinius.

7. Zig

Zig Member

Ken's good for suggestions like this. He gave me the idea to paint my truck the way I am.
    Sounds like Russ needs to come by and do some fancy pinstripe work around those letters if you go white with red outline. Jazz-zee! :cool:

8. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Come on down, Russ. Ken and Bill Hanlon are both just a stone's throw away.:D I'll bet we could put together a gathering pretty easily.

10. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Updated photos...

Making a little progress again, so I thought I'd post a few pictures... (Zig:cool:)

Attached Files:

11. Zig

Zig Member

Thank you! MAN that is looking SO good!!!! It won't be much longer and that beautiful G will be finished, right?
    Outstanding work!

12. 2OR4Wheels

2OR4Wheels Member

Like! Cant wait until I'm that far along... :D

13. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Brake pics for Martinius

Here are a couple of pictures of the Master Cylinder installation. You can see the adapter bracket bolts to the side plate where the old master cyl. originally was. The linkage adapter is included in kit as well.

Attached Files:

14. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Brake cylinder/linkage upgrade

Bilbo

Thanks so much fore showing these parts installed . I am going to order them parts myself online tomorrow. With the Saginaw 4 speed which needs more space then the tree speed this solution just works great.

Thanks fore helping out Martinius.

15. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Pickup bed work pictures...

I've made a little more progress, so it seems appropriate to post a few pictures....:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  16. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Sweet! Looking mighty fine. Between you and Zig, I'm beginning to believe that you CAN turn a sow's ear into a silk purse!

17. Zig

Zig Member

That looks REALLY great!!! You're just a couple of fenders away from being there! Did those door panels work out for you?

18. Zig

Zig Member

Looks great, but it doesn't seem like there is much holding your lines in place. (?) I need to get some clamps for my lines. I'm seriously thinking about the nylon kind to help with vibration. Did you install some later?

19. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

I added some one hole clips where needed later... It didn't take very many. There were not many attachments on the original installation either.

20. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Thanks Ken, and Zig, for the compliments. Looks like me and Paul are running parallel truck assemblies. I guess we'll see who gets on the road first! ;) Just a hint... I bought insurance for mine, effective November 1. :D However, I'll be gone again for 9 days between now and then.
    BTW, Ken, get in touch with me and we can maybe meet some time.