Installing a C-Notch

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Ricos54, Jan 7, 2014.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Lots and lots of hard work I see there....

2. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

good deal

Good deal on the rear fenders where did you get your fuel tank and for what car ? I realy like that you can't see it from the pics you posted of cool tail lights keep up the awesome work on you build
    Robert

3. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Thanks guy's, the gas tank is off a 1970 Ford Mustang. It's a 22 gallon aluminum tank. I bought it off eBay from a company call Mustang unlimited :)

I started my engine for the first time Saturday, it was good feeling pushing me forward

4. ccharr

ccharr Member

Congrats on getting the engine running, keep up the great work.

5. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

thanks

thanks Rico glad that she fired up.and thanks for the fuel tank info
    Robert

6. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

It's alive??? I must have missed that post? A truly pivotal event... Congrat's Rico.

Slick AC vents, look like they where meant to be.

John

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  7. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

rico

what happend to rico???

8. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

I'm here. Lol. Been doing little stuff which seems to take a lot longer than the big stuff.:)
    First my upholster guy didn't like my middle console being two pieces so I remade a new one one solid piece, then I put in seat belts in and made a bracket for the brake light switch. I also did not like the hood I had so I went and found one in perfect shape and also found a front grill that had no chrome on it so I could paint it. I also had to cut out a piece on the bottom of my door to get rid of the rust.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  9. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

[​IMG]

Yesterday I pickup my radiator support with all my brackets for my electric fan, overflow and trans cooler. I had everything power coated. I also repainted the front end before putting back together for the last time. Need to put the radiators and lines all together, then I'm going to incorporate a rear hitch and box the rest of the frame in today and tomorrow and if everything go's well, I'll be taking the cab off the frame to finish the body work and get it ready for primer then paint. Still lots of work ahead of me. Lol :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

good deal

thanks for updates just have not seen any post latley your truck is looking good as always.
    Robert

11. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Thank you Robert :D put the front radiator support and radiators all together and tack in my hitch, still have some back plates an a bottom plate I'm welding under the hitch with holes in it for the chains to go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Zig

Zig Member

Looks fantastic! What color will you paint your truck? (I'm thinking black?)

13. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Thanks Zig, I've been doing a lot of thinking on that. At first my color was going to be dark metallic grey and then after thinking about and how perfect my body work had to be I decided on satin black, but I keep thinking about the metallic grey. The theme I'm going for is the Murder look or sinister. So since I was going back and fourth on both color's, I decided to put them together so I'm going to paint my truck a Dark Satin Grey. With my 20" black wheels I'm thinking the grey will give it that sinister look I'm going for.

Like this. :cool:

[​IMG]

14. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Completed my hitch setup and then finally got the cab off the frame, now need to finish underneath the floorboard. Weld all the pin holes and undercoat it, wondering what you guy's use for the under coat? I want a rubberized undercoating that will be great for sound deadening. Some say can is good, but I heard the 3m body rubberized undercoating is better?
    After this will be the long haul of doing all the bodywork. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  15. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Metallic grey would be great! The satin black thing is so overdone anymore, IMO.

16. Elky67

Elky67 Member

I go with Lakeroadster on this, my El Camino is flat/satin black; sure it does look a bit mean, which is nice, but maintanance is very hard, you can?t just polish out scratches or minor blemishes. It does get shiny straight away...

Go with metallic grey, i also like this color very much.

17. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

I like the Metallica Grey Lol, but the body work has to be perfect to show no imperfections and I'm no pro, just don't know if I can get my body that straight!:eek:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  18. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Floorboard done with Transtar rubberized undercoating :cool:

[​IMG]

19. Elky67

Elky67 Member

Paint jobs

I?m no painter, by any means, but i know, what some guys do, to get a perfect finish. They shoot their vehicles with a coat of gloss black, before applying the final paint job, as this color will show any imperfections.

If one can afford this extra step, it sure is worth while for the result;)

Carry on with your build, i like to follow your progress.

20. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Well time will tell how good it's going to be. Anyways, I started on the cab doing the back of the cab first. I applied my first skim coat yesterday and I'm on the second skim coat today:cool:

[​IMG]