Tail light and signal light wiring

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Tailgater, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Hey TB'S D check out this site. I haven't found the ones that go into the bed rolls yet but this is a LED replacement for the orignal tail lamps. Only $40.00 per side. I didn't think that was a bad price.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ca/0047.asp

2. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

I don't know the size of the hole in bed roll because I have no bed for mine, but if it is two inches then the these lights would work and at a bargain of only $10.00 a piece.

http://www.customclassic.com/

once on the site go to select product by type and click on LED'S. Then click on the type that says Roundie's and they are half way down the page. Let me know if these would work so I might order some for my truck.

3. Boopster

Boopster Member

Roundies

Thanks for the info. I've been searching also and havent found them yet. I can't remember where I found them before, just happened across them now there lost in never land. I'll check the link out and try to get some info on them. I have found out one thing, DON'T buy the lights with regular bulbs, everyone that I have found in my search WARNS DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY. They go out quick and are next to impossible to replace the bulb.

If I find them I'll post it here.

TB'sD

4. Boopster

Boopster Member

Real Life

Would we really be this goofy in real life? My wife tells me I never talk to her enough and I respond "I ain't got that much to say" dont try that at home, I only did it once:eek: . I also asked her once, what do you want to talk about, that dog dont hunt either.

So in real life, where the rubber meets the road, down on the home front, right out in the open.... would we really be this goofy? :confused:

TB'sD

5. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

The way I see it is, this is the way that I am at work, always being goofy and picking on the guy beside of me. At home on the other hand my wife says that i don't talk to well with her either. If she as much about these old trucks as you guys did then we wouldn't stop talking. Don't tell her I said that though. Mom also says that I'm the only one that dad will talk to on the phone for hours, that's because we talk about old cars. So I would say if we were all just sitting around the same place all together, then yeah we'd be the same in real life as on here.

6. Boopster

Boopster Member

I Agree

I think I agree with ya. Me and the better half get along wonderfully even after 25 years of her bein in the same house as me.:)

I am also VERY goofy and like to have lots of fun in life. I pick on and with the kids and people at church and work (can be serious too) and when I'm not funnin they think something is wrong.

THe wife on the other hand don't like funnin at all, I mean AT ALL. She's happy go lucky and lot of fun to be with, BUT she DON't like to be picked at :confused: . Never figured that one out.

ANyway, goofy's good....... Isn't it? :p

TB'sD

7. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Yeah, we would!

I've got 3 things to say in response to that! Boliver, Tn. Home of the best nervious hospital east of the Mississippi. Rusk, Tx. Home of the best nervious hospital west of the Mississippi. Been by both.:D Oh yeah, #3. Betty Ford's clinic. I've heard that it's cool too. Not that I would ever need to go there! I guess this is what my boss says is multi-tasking!:eek: ;)

I enjoy being crazy. It helps me from going insane.

8. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

An 1157 (or 1034) wouldn't fit in the ones from RB's Obsolete. The base is the same size, but the glass bulb is just slightly larger diameter than the base. Anything larger won't fit.

9. Boopster

Boopster Member

Mental help

Yea Ken, most of us around here have family from there (Rusk State Hospital that is) :D and ifin we don't, we sure don't tell anybody, cause then we don't fit in.

We got a little community close called Maydell, it's always been the expression in our neck of the woods that if ya acted kinda crazy that ya was from Maydell (it's back woods with some real to life inbreads ta boot). Anyhow, I always thought I was normal and everybody else was crazy.

That's what I tell the Boop, she asks me why im'a talkin to myself, I sayz, it's to only way i can get an intelligent conversation goin. :eek:

I also used to think everybody in the world was crazy except me and all you fellows on this here chat thang, but now i'm beginin to wonder bout ya'll:D

TB'sD

10. Zig

Zig Member

Anyone notice how Bill Hanlon just tried to bump everyone back onto the topic???

Just think what it would be like if we all pulled up a stump and left these friggin' keyboards alone. I could finally use the kind of words I don't know how to spell!!!:D Yup- I teach, but never forget- I was a highschool drop out first! I'll blame it on the 60's and early 70's! (and growing up in KC where you played sports or... umm... well... Geeze, I forget! But MAN am I HUNGRY!!!!:rolleyes:

11. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

I am with you guys. I am a cut up. I also use a lot of sarcasm that people take wrong sometimes. If they are around me long enough they know it is just a thing I use to communicate. My wife is my best friend even if she doesn't know anything about old trucks. She has decided that mine is prudy enough now so that she will be seen in it.

I figure that, if you are serious all the time and never fun around, you got old faster. I'm gettin' old plety fast enough as it is.

Oh yeah, one thing I found out is that the boss don't always apprciate sarcasm. One time he took my whole work group out to his country club for Christmas lunch. You know how the big dog always trie to find something to talk to us peons about. So he comes over to me as I am looking out across the golf course and says, "We just completed a total rennovation of all our greens." I said, "Down here along the river would be a great place for corn." I ahve beenup for promotion 3 times since that and he has poo-pooed it each time. I think he was a little touchy about his greens.

By the way Ken, I caught that thinly veiled reference to Buffet. "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane!"

12. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Hey Gator those stuffed shirt types never take joking around very well. I'm glad I can tell my boss to piss off and he know's I'm just joking. (well sometimes) My last boss threatened to fire me after I told him if I had his kind of money I wouldn't have put cheap tires on my wifes car. He got all pissed off and said he should fire me and I told him I'd go somewhere that people would appreciate me mounting and balancing four tires for them for FREE. He calmed down and got over it. So don't let those stuffed shirts get to ya, keep sticking the sarcasm to them!!!

13. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Just didn't want someone to buy the RB's tail light solution thinking they could put LEDs in them.

Most people at my workplace think I joke around too much. The other people are the ones I appreciate and refer to as friends. They are also the ones I go to when I need help, just like you people.

14. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Thanks for keeping us on track Bill. I think our ADD kicks in and takes us over

15. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Real Life & My Avatar

Yes , I am in fact far worse in person that I am here sad to say , it makes for an interesting life , few seem to apreciate my personality . I'm lucky SWMBO seems O.K. with it .

As far as my Avatar , I've been thinking of changing it to a truck pic fora while , I just need to find an E-pic so I can upload it...

Soeaking of Goofy , how far afield can I go with that ? I know an off color joke about Goofy....

-Nate

16. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Nate,
    Does it have anything to do with Minnie Mouse being crazy?

Hey, as long as SWMBO loves ya, who cares about the rest?

TG

17. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Speaking Of SWMBO ;

You all know I was on vacation lkast week , in Las Vegas right ? one day we were just cruising 'round as she wants me to find her a cheap Mercedes Coupe and Lo ! - I realized we were near the Las Vegas P-A-P on N. Palm Av. (?Blvd.?) so I headed over , she happily waited in the car whilst I hunted up some sorely needed used parts.... :cool: I figure she must love me if I can do this on every vacation...

I even went junking in Jamaica.... :D

So , y'all think I should tell the tale of Mickey's divorce ? . :confused:

18. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

We better not air Mickey's dirty laundry since there are Boopsters reading our threads. I know the joke though.

19. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

'K .

BTW : no , Minnie isn't crazy ! :D

20. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Heard it-two paws up!

Darn that goofy!:D