Tail light and signal light wiring

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Tailgater, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Zig

Zig Member

Next they'll be telling us there is an end to all that you see beyond the stars...

Gater- I'd like to thank you for asking such an in-depth question! I think we're all better for it and I look forward to your next question! Keep challenging us!;)

2. federale

federale Member

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

New Avatar

I was wondering if anyone would notice :rolleyes:

I still cannot find a jpeg of my truck but I will in time .

I almost posted a pic of # 1 Son with his 1967 Buick GS Coupe.......

-Nate

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Like It Says...

If you guys only knew how much I read .....

I go through 2 ~ 3 books a week , this is apart from my technical reading . I love to read .

-Nate

5. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Im lost, what the hell do I do now, last page, damn!
    ________
    Fetish Barefoot

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  6. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Guess what?

After all these posts on this thread I am back to the first one. I finally got around to getting my tail lights, brake lights and signal lights working just right.
    Thanks for all the help early on and the varied topics all the way through!
    Gater

7. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Document Everything you did!

Most excellent! Do us all a favor and document everything you did, take pictures and file them away somewhere because, I guarantee you we'll see this question again! BTW, we haven't seen any pictures lately. What gives? Get busy. You're not still chasing goats are you?

8. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Goat chaser

Actually I am still going on a nightly foray to try to catch the other goat. I went out to my front yard tonight and sat with a pair of binoculars and actually spotted the goat that I haven't caught yet. She was foraging on the cliff across from my house. She can't be more than 150 yards from her sister that I have in the barn. I think I might hobble the one that I have and put her in the cage and see if her sister will come to her. I am going to see if I can do it without hurting her. I have decided that it was just dumb luck to catch that one on the very first night that I tried.

It sure felt good to get all those wires hooked up right. I am not much of an auto electrician I can wire a house fine so I just started looking at the circuits on the truck the same way I would look at the circuits on my house. It is pretty similar. It is just I don't have turn signals on my house. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Gater

9. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Being a tennesseean yourself you just never know, you might see some turn signals on someones house out here. I know a guy that has to go home everytime that it storms bad so he can put tie cables to it so the wind doesn't get under it and blow it over. We all get a big kick out of that.:p :D

Congrats on the wiring. I'm with Ken we need to see more pictures of that long truck of yours.

10. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Pics

I should get my tailgate and bed front installed within the next week or so. I will post some new ones as soon as I make her whole. I am having a hard time finding rear bumper brackets. My frame is wider than a half ton so they won't fit. In fact, I don't know if the tons came with rear bumpers. I may have to fabricate them. I will post as soon as I have the tail gate on.
    Thanks guys,
    Gater

11. Zig

Zig Member

I guess it only makes sense that it would be the "tailgate" -r that would be holding up the works.:rolleyes: I'm not sure about turn signals on a house, but I bet my wife would like emergency flashers for when I'm outside working on my frame!
    Don't forget- when you finally get your pictures, be sure to change the picture under your name!:D

12. Zig

Zig Member

Oooooooohh Yeah Baby!!!!

I DID IT AGAIN!!!!! I GOT US TO PAGE 7!!!!! See? It pays to get up at 0:dark thirty!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Now if I could just win the powerball!:cool:

Something else "neat" has happened. Every morning as I go into work, I now see a 50 Chevy truck heading the opposite direction. It's low, blue, beautiful chrome, and... A DAILY DRIVER! I'd give him the "thumbs-up", but it's still to dark at that time of the day. What a ride....
    Someday...

13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good News !

Hey , that's great ! lights are very important and few seem to understand this .

Glad you stuck to it .

Turn Signals on my house , eh ? HMmmmmmmm..........

That might really pi$$off the drunken b*tch next door who hates me so much :rolleyes:

It looks like I got my home 'puter working O.K. again , I downloaded Windows Defender and ran it .

-Nate
    Sorry I've not been here guys , Mom's is doing better , Aunt Jean died , work is insane...

14. 54chevtruck

54chevtruck Member

Way to go Zig !!!! got us to Page #7 Ha Nate we are caring the touch without ya But the group still needs our unoffical leader so hang in there Will get Better Onwards to Page #8 there is no end to the Internet GO EAGLES!!!!

15. Boopster

Boopster Member

We are up to 94 on this here post, surely we don't want to let it go until we reach 100:D

BTW did we ever give an answer to the question? :eek:

16. Zig

Zig Member

ummmm...

Which question- I forget.:D

It's a lofty goal though.

17. Boopster

Boopster Member

Most Posts

I just checked, this is the most post/replies for the 47-54 forum, got to break 100:D

TB'sD

18. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

I refuse to participate in this nonsense!

Mindless posting just to get to 100. ;) Therefore, i will answer your question. Yes Tailgater got his question answered about 30 or so posts ago.:D

19. Boopster

Boopster Member

Refusal

Your refusal will be noted and filed among those statements we always wish to keep with us.

But let it also be noted that along with your refusal to participate came number 98

TB'sD

I'll let you have the honors, so I'll edit my post, but if you notice on the forum page it only says 99, you'll have to refuse one more time

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  20. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

so does this mean that i get the 100th?

Ta dah!:D :D